- corrupt the gospel message or
- miss-define Christ -- His deity, His character,
- lie about how the church is to be effective.
- corrupt the definition of the Kingdom and make
it as worldly and this-life centered as he can.
- get us focused on our walk, our progress, our
sins, our gifts, our holiness, our calling.
us to believe passages are subject to multiple simultaneous varying
interpretations. "Who is to say what or who is right" is the voice of
rebellion. God will always show a seeker the proper perspective if he
seeks the truth at all costs. It is often difficult for a doctrine that
caters to the appetites to be discerned by our senses. Unfortunately,
God's only method of deliverance for the persistent seeker of truth may
be to allow the seeker to wallow and consume the doctrine until he is
so in bondage to it that he can not but realize that it is destroying
his life. Being a diligent and persistent seeker of truth does not
guarantee you have it, but only that you will eventually get it.