For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power (1Co_4:20)
It is true that words are the vehicle God usually chooses to demonstrate His power. But our preachers and listeners have been duped to believe that words alone make changes. Rather than rely on the supernatural changing of the heart, we have adopted the world’s practice of changing minds. We speak to the understanding of men using the same techniques as does secular man.
It is not the mind that needs to be reached, it is his heart. We are to speak words of life to the heart of man, not to his understanding. Jesus rarely tried to reach man’s understanding, and often spoke in ways that deliberately confounded their understanding. We no longer trust God to change hearts, we trust our oratorical and our teaching abilities to make the change or at least to open up the heart to change.
The kingdom we preach is conceived in the secular mind and promoted by secular means. We speak the words of scripture as if they were bits of facts to be learned and heeded by the power of our will. The words of scripture can only be learned and heeded by a change of heart, and only God can do that.
Our gospel is hinged on making converts. The gospel of the kingdom is focused on the King and what He has done. When one begins to grasp the majesty and goodness and power of the King, then it is easy to trust Him as Savior. He only saves those to whom He will eternally be the King.
Our gospel focuses on the cross, the gospel of the kingdom sees the cross as the first essential step, but the intended purpose of the cross is to bring forth resurrection life and to demonstrate that our King has the power over death. The cross is essential to the Kingdom gospel, for unless we embrace our co-crucifixion with Christ (Romans 6:6), we will ever be enslaved to the flesh. While Paul did remind the saints of the cross, he mostly pointed to the life in the Spirit that resulted and was ever encouraging them to walk in the spirit.
Unless we refuse to congratulate ourselves simply because we can put together a message using the scriptures that touches emotions, we will never enter into the fullness of who we were meant to be. If God is not confirming our words with signs and wonders, then we must assume that we did not speak the words He wanted us to speak (Mark 16:20). That is the ongoing and certain testimony of those who wrote the New Testament.
We think that we are proclaiming the gospel when we speak words. But Jesus never sent out His disciples without the co-command to heal the sick and cast out demons. The message that they spoke was always accompanied by a demonstration. How can we claim obedience to proclaim the gospel of the kingdom when we ignore His commands that went with it?
MORE TO COME
MORE TO COME
Reclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom
From an Amazon book review
As a pastor, I read a lot of books. However, occasionally in our Christian life, we come across a book that brings us to our knees. This book has brought about a revival in my own life, though every page has been a spiritual battle. Frank brings his transparent and biblically saturated style once again to the Christian world calling on all Christians to reclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom. As a Christian, I strongly urge you to invest in your spiritual life and follow Frank on a much-needed journey. As a pastor, I strongly warn you that this book will have dire worldview altering consequences to your spiritual walk. “Pagan Christianity” may have disturbed the waters of the evangelical world, but “Insurgence” will capsize the boats of the modern Christian church. If you miss this book, then you will be missing an amazing blessing. I guarantee that you will be challenged in a way that you never have before. If you are content with casual Christianity then this book is not for you.
The book completely unmasks modern Christianity and its gospel as contrary to God’s intentions. He also covers what loyalty God’s kingdom demands from its followers. He clearly describes the costs of kingdom discipleship. He describes how radically different God’s kingdom is than what we see among Christians today. That alone makes it a worthwhile read.
While I do think that this is a must read for all Christians, I also think that Viola left a big elephant standing in the middle of the room. As often as he speaks of the king and His kingdom, he never gets into what our response should be and what it means to us as His body. He comes near it a few times but never helps us grasp it.
What must we do to work the works of God?
He avoids the most common question that seeking saints ask, “What must we do to work the works of God?” That is the entire point of understanding and living out the kingdom. Such seekers understand that “This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” is the answer. But how to put that together with understanding the kingdom is the missing piece. I do not recall where Viola put the concepts of faith in action with the truths of the kingdom in any actionable way. The kingdom is supernatural and controls all that goes on in this world. It has dominion over all the earth and the entire supernatural world. It is its nature to dispel that which is contrary to it: disease and demons. But we are very comfortable with their rule and reign in the lives of believers and unbelievers. Demons travel in our bodies and minds, sit in the pews, sing songs, and all the while laughing at our bondage to their lies and unaware of their presence.
For example, he uses the word “supernatural” only 3 times; “faith”, 30 times (mostly quoting verses with no explication); “miracles” only twice;”miracle”, only once; “signs”, used only 6 times; “sign”, 7 times; and “wonders” is only mentioned once. IN THE ENTIRE BOOK.
In contrast, in the four gospels, “supernatural” almost totally defines God and His actions; the word “miracles” appears 9 times; “faith”, 29 times;”miracle”, 7 times; “signs,” 10 times; “sign”, 22 times; and “wonders,” 3 times (all in a satanic sense). And the gospels contain fewer words than Insurgence does. When unbelievers and believers are asked what stands out in the gospels, they will say, the supernatural signs, wonders, and miracles.
Viola does a very good job of bringing out facts about the kingdom of God and the King, but very little about how it impacts the disciples of the kingdom and how they represent the life of that Kindom. In a chapter called The Signs of the Kingdom, he shows that he knows about such things and makes a good list. But he never fleshes that list out. He will make great statements like,
- The resurrection and ascension of Jesus are more than proofs that God still does miracles or that Jesus is returning again.
- Jesus’ ministry of casting out demons was a manifestation of the victory of God’s kingdom over Satan’s.
- For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. (1 Corinthians 4:20 NIV)
- So, in effect, the “good works” that the ekklesia carries out—together or as individual members who represent her—are the activity of the community of the King carried out in His person and by His power. For that reason, they are a living testimony that the kingdom of God has come and a signpost of what the kingdom embodies.
- The ekklesia is the community of the King, the embodiment of the kingdom of God.
- Just as Jesus embodied the kingdom in His physical body while He was on earth, He continues to embody His kingdom through His spiritual body—the ekklesia—today. That is, when the ekklesia is functioning as God intended.
- The kingdom is here now in the people of God and manifested whenever they are bearing the image of Christ and exercising His authority.
The tragedy of the book is that it occasionally makes such statements, but then never addresses them in any meaningful way. He knows about the elephant in the room but ignores it. (But maybe I have a different concept of what “manifestations” consist of?)
The Elephant in the Room
He has left us with more talk and more understanding, but without the know-how regarding of how to act like an insurgent – to do those things that insurgents do. The disciples did not turn the world upside down because they understood the kingdom, but because they exercised the power and authority of Christ. I know Viola would not disagree with that, but I don’t understand why he avoided it (or seemed to). There was no discussion of HOW to walk in the power and authority that he knows we have. And I don’t see it going on in his ministry either, or him discussing it on his websites. I could prove my case far easier if Viola did not object so strongly to those who quote much of him. He prefers they buy the book (and there is some justification for that) or sign up and pay for his courses and memberships.
It is also telling that he is calling for a meeting of minds to discuss how to get his kingdom message out. He is trying to assemble the best minds in advertising and the internet as if natural minds or means were the methodologies of promoting a supernatural message. Crying and striving and making one’s voice heard on the street is not God’s way Matthew 12:19.
The true gospel comes not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; so that you know what manner of men are among us. (1Th_1:5) It is not in words, but in power (1Co_4:20). Without the power, words become just another opinion among many.
I am reminded of what Leonard Ravenhill said, “You don’t have to advertise a fire”. If Viola’s book really is God’s answer to bringing insurgence, then it will do its own work in propagating itself. In the meantime, there are legitimate ministries that are doing the works of God (amid the plethora of false signs, wonders, and healings). If Viola’s are God’s words (and I think they are a piece of His words, but something essential is evidently missing just as in other true messages in many other books), then He will confirm them with signs and wonders (Mark 16:20). So far, all I see is discussion groups forming. The same old do-nothing approach that has been going on and promoted for centuries. Talk does not equal action. Words are not power. God’s confirmation of His word, is power.
For those that truly want to turn the world upside down, this book will not be of much help. It may help dispel some false or incomplete notions you have, but you will have to look to other mentors to partake of the power and authority that we have in Christ. It WILL be a needed preliminary challenge to those who are of the typical Christian mindset, but not those who have been pressing into the kingdom for any amount of time.
It seems that we will have to look for someone who has made himself of no reputation, is not trying to win friends and influence people, is willing to speak the truth even if it means being hated and persecuted and unpopular. When we find such a one and God is confirming his words with signs following, that person will have words that we can trust do represent the kingdom.
As far as doctrine is concerned, my biggest difference with Viola is what he claims about “God’s kingdom project has always been”. He writes in the chapter Eden Restored “God’s kingdom project has always been to restore Eden where God dwells with humans, and they bear His image and exercise His authority.” I think scripture says differently. Adam was not one with God, was not His son, he did not have power and authority in the heavenly places over spiritual wickedness. His domain was the garden. We have a much greater reality than Adam ever had (who knows what he would have had if he had not eaten of the forbidden tree and eaten rather, of the tree of LIFE). God’s eternal purpose for man has always been that we be conformed to the image of Christ, not just bear His image, that we be one with Him, that we be the body of Christ. The new creation in Christ Jesus that we become is far greater than Adam ever was. God made no mistake in Eden, and it was our union with Him that He had in mind all along. Adam was created innocent, we are created perfect in Christ Jesus.
Kingdom is mentioned 158 times in 150 verses of the New Testament
- Mat_3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Mat_4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Mat_4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
- Mat_5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Mat_6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
- Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
- Mat_8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- Mat_9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
- Mat_10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Mat_11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
- Mat_11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
- Mat_12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
- Mat_12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
- Mat_12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
- Mat_13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
- Mat_13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
- Mat_13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
- Mat_13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
- Mat_13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
- Mat_13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
- Mat_13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
- Mat_13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
- Mat_13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
- Mat_13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
- Mat_13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
- Mat_13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
- Mat_16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
- Mat_16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
- Mat_18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
- Mat_18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_18:23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
- Mat_19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
- Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
- Mat_19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
- Mat_20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
- Mat_20:21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
- Mat_21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
- Mat_21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
- Mat_22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
- Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
- Mat_24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
- Mat_24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
- Mat_25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
- Mat_25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
- Mat_25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
- Mat_26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.
- Mar_1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
- Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
- Mar_3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
- Mar_4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
- Mar_4:26 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
- Mar_4:30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
- Mar_6:23 And he sware unto her, Whatsoever thou shalt ask of me, I will give it thee, unto the half of my kingdom.
- Mar_9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
- Mar_9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
- Mar_10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
- Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
- Mar_10:23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
- Mar_10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
- Mar_10:25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
- Mar_11:10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
- Mar_12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
- Mar_13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
- Mar_14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
- Mar_15:43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
- Luk_1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
- Luk_4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
- Luk_6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
- Luk_7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
- Luk_8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,
- Luk_8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
- Luk_9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
- Luk_9:11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.
- Luk_9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
- Luk_9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
- Luk_9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
- Luk_10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
- Luk_10:11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
- Luk_11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
- Luk_11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.
- Luk_11:18 If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.
- Luk_11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
- Luk_12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Luk_12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
- Luk_13:18 Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
- Luk_13:20 And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
- Luk_13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
- Luk_13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
- Luk_14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.
- Luk_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
- Luk_17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
- Luk_17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
- Luk_18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
- Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
- Luk_18:24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
- Luk_18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
- Luk_18:29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake,
- Luk_19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
- Luk_19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
- Luk_19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
- Luk_21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
- Luk_21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
- Luk_22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
- Luk_22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
- Luk_22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
- Luk_22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Luk_23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
- Luk_23:51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
- Joh_3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Joh_3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- Joh_18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
- Act_1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
- Act_1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
- Act_8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
- Act_14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
- Act_19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
- Act_20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
- Act_28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
- Act_28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
- Rom_14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
- 1Co_4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
- 1Co_6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
- 1Co_6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- 1Co_15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
- 1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
- Gal_5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Eph_5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
- Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
- Col_4:11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.
- 1Th_2:12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
- 2Th_1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
- 2Ti_4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his
- 2Ti_4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- Heb_1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
- Heb_12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
- Jas_2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
- 2Pe_1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- Rev_1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
- Rev_16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
- Rev_17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.